Connecting to OneDrive in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
09-21-2018 11:35 AM
HeatherScroggins
Occasional Contributor II

So in ArcMap (10.5.1) when connecting to a folder I have the option to choose my OneDrive folder.....

Since this is available in ArcMap I assumed that it was available in Pro, but when I looked I couldn't find anything. Am I missing something? Or is connecting to a OneDrive folder not available in Pro yet?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeatherScroggins

So reading through that entire thread it looks like dragging and dropping the OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer into the Catalog pane of Pro is the way to get a folder connection to OneDrive.

Thanks for linking that article. I would never have thought to drag and drop a folder like that to make a connection.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I do not see my OneDrive folder either.

I would recommend reaching out to technical support to see if there is a request to have this available in Pro.

Here is another post regarding this: https://community.esri.com/message/770371-onedrive-arcpro  No solution just another idea

--- George T.
HeatherScroggins

So reading through that entire thread it looks like dragging and dropping the OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer into the Catalog pane of Pro is the way to get a folder connection to OneDrive.

Thanks for linking that article. I would never have thought to drag and drop a folder like that to make a connection.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I would also thank the person from the original article that discovered this trick.

Did you try to connect and save a One Drive data source in ArcMap and then import that mxd into Pro to see if the data source would be maintained in that process?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The link picture is reproduced here, from my ...because I forget... collection

RandyKreuziger
Occasional Contributor III

What type of performance are you seeing between the local installs of ArcGIS and files on One Drive?

EllenNodwell_IntegraShare
Occasional Contributor

Now with the newest version of ArcGIS Pro, the OneDrive folder link has disappeared.  Will be turning in a request for investigation to Support.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

still works for me with the latest.  Drag from File Explorer and make sure you hit the 'Folders'

0 Kudos
EllenNodwell_IntegraShare
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan - Yes, once inside a project - in Catalog - this is true but in the initial interface when opening ArcGIS Pro, it is not - cannot drag the folder into that folder list view.

Am documenting this today to send over to support.

Thanks for your quick response!

Ellen West Nodwell, GISP

CEO

IntegraShare Dimensions, Inc

M +1 832 298 6892

0 Kudos