Select to view content in your preferred language

Configuring Attachments in Report

09-12-2023 06:11 AM
MelissaSalich
Occasional Contributor

I need help configuring the attachments portion of a report. 
I'm exporting photo attachments from a hosted feature service in ArcPro version 2.9.5.

I am able to export the photo attachments in a 2x2 grid, but I can have up to ten photos. 

Expanding the Attachment grid to allow for 5x2, the export skips the first page and the photos don't follow the original settings I had configured with the 2x2.

What am I missing to allow for up to 10 photos attachments to be exported to 8.5x11 pdf?

Attached are my settings, pdf examples of the 2x2 working how I want it, the 5x2 output.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @MelissaSalich !

Thanks for this question. I'm the lead for reports in Pro. I don't think this is correct at all. Give me some time to try and reproduce it on my end, I'll get back to you.

Thanks!

Alycia

0 Kudos
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Actually, I think I know what's happening. Can you send me the report file? Share tab > Report File. This will save the report definition (this file is called an .rptx). When I import it into Pro, I will not have access to your data. I would just like to see the report in the view and assess some things. My email is arajendran@esri.com. Please let me know if you'd prefer me to set up an FTP.

0 Kudos
PaulLohr
Regular Contributor

Hi, @MelissaSalich.

As a workaround you may be able to convert the feature class and related attachment table to a file geodatabase then to a personal geodatabase (mdb), then use MS Access with the Access Imagine extension to make your report. This extension enables Access to read an image from a MS Access table, is very inexpensive, although it does not handle rotation. You may need ArcGIS Desktop to go from a file geodatabase to a personal geodatabase. This is how I got around BUG-000161250.

A live data connection would be preferable, but so would software that works!

0 Kudos
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @PaulLohr , thanks for your feedback. BUG-000161250 is unrelated to the problem here (the BUG is about related records) and was just submitted this month, so we need a little more time to fix it (we're imperfect humans just like you). A mdb is not necessary in this case, in fact the analyst noted that fgdb works fine as a workaround. It sounds like you have more problems with attachments, which is what this issue I've been working on with Melissa privately via email. Please feel free to reach out to me as well: arajendran@esri.com.

0 Kudos
PaulLohr
Regular Contributor

In BUG-000161250, related records would not display nor would attachments to those related records. That's what it should say. I wasn't able to find the bug on the ESRI site so I don't know what it actually says.

Hmm, never heard that before. How can I read a gdb file with MS Access?

0 Kudos
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @PaulLohr, thanks for the clarification. This issue exposed in this Question by Melissa is not related to your bug BUG-000161250, so I think there's just a communication error.

Support bugs go through multiple "stages" before becoming an item a developer looks at. I'm not sure where in that process the bug becomes visible on myEsri.

That being said, I took a look at it. Please shoot me an email. I had to send some clarifying questions back to the Support analyst, but since you submitted this bug, it will probably be quicker to speak with you directly.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos