Co-Ordinate System and go to XY

05-25-2015 03:00 AM
SukhvirRehal
New Contributor III

Hi Guys,

i have recently started using ArcGIS Pro.

My feature classes are all in British National Grid, However at the bottom of the map display when I pan around the the screen I dont see Eastings and Northings, I only see Long & Lat. is there a way to change this display?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ian_OmarBalite
New Contributor

Hi Sukhvir, I'm not familiar with the ArcGIS Pro system because I'm using a different software but in cases like this, it is a matter of changing your map projection settings to display what you wanted.- Omar

0 Kudos
SukhvirRehal
New Contributor III

Thank Ian,

In ArcGIS Pro everything is set to BNG. It was just the map units that wasnt displaying correctly.

i can't right click in the map window anymore to find the projection settings but I found this in the help. It quickly answered my question.

Specify a coordinate system—Properties of maps | ArcGIS for Professionals

CarlByers
New Contributor II

In ArcGIS Pro go to Project>Options>Project and specify Location Units.  When testing this it seems to apply only to new map views.

The Locate command, on the Map ribbon will accept decimal degree values and navigate to the location.

SukhvirRehal
New Contributor III

Hi carl,

Thanks for your reply. The eastings and northings for London are 530072, 180272.

However this does not work for me?

any further advice?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

from here

Coordinate converter | British Geological Survey (BGS)

Convert British National Grid (BNG) formerly known as the National Grid Reference (NGR) to latitude and longitude (lat/long WGS84) or vice versa.

See The National Grid FAQs for an explanation of how the BNG works.

Is that correct?  Pick one if it is

Longitude: -0.127216941073  using 530072

Latitude: 51.506418648          using 180272

or

Longitude: -5.40474958046   using 180272

Latitude: 54.6178411829       using 530072

0 Kudos