Select to view content in your preferred language

clip raster tool freezes/ gets stuck on saving raster

09-05-2023 12:05 PM
AaronSundquist
New Contributor

I have about a 3700 acre drone mapping project (standard rgb) that i am working on. I completed the project in 9 different datasets. I merged them together into one mosaic dataset and now need to trim off the excess so it only shows the true property boundaries. When I attempt to use the clip raster tool it will let it run but gets stuck on "saving dataset..." Ive tried it a handful of different ways now to see if i could find a work around. Thinking it could be something simple but pretty stumped on this one. TIA for help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This worked in a similar situation

Solved: Clip Raster with Polygon Freezes ArcGIS. - Esri Community

Your destination raster type and saving location may provide alternate suggestions

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
bcdi
by
New Contributor II

Dan can you elaborate on what it means for a saving location to provide alternative suggestions?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If your saving location is a folder, then you can specify a raster as a *.tif if you use the extension on the filename, or if you don't, you get an esri grid.  If you specify a geodatabase as the location, then you get a geodatabase raster.  All have different limitations and potential issues.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos