Clip Raster (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro Large AGOL Raster

05-10-2022 05:32 AM
TylerT
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I need a small area of this raster https://opendata.dc.gov/datasets/DCGIS::aerial-photography-orthophoto-2021/about

What is the best practice to clip a small portion of this raster, ouput smaller raster to PC, and keep it's georeferenced info.  Ultimately I need to use it further in ArcGIS Pro, and use it in AutoCAD, so will need a wld file or embedded georeferenced data.

My attempt failed.  I added the raster to my map through the catalog and AGOL Portal then used Clip Raster (Data Management) to perform a clip.  It did not behave as expected.  I expected a single tif output, however, after several hours, 90GB, many miscellaneous folders and miscellaneous files I stopped the operation. 

Thanks for your help.

Tyler

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

The output format of the clipped raster is determined by the extension of the output filename.

RhettZufelt_0-1652203406977.png

If you name it filename.tif, will create a tif file. 

I prefer to create a polygon of the area that I want to clip, use that as my output extent, and select use input features for clipping geometry.

R_

0 Kudos
TylerT
by
Occasional Contributor III

Yeah, I had named it properly.  The tool was still creating bunches of folders and files.  Maybe it was downloading the entire aerial first?  I'lll try again with a clipping polygon. 

Tyler

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

I read folders and files and figured that sounds like the GRID format.

Maybe those are temp files since 90+Gb sounds pretty big for "a small area".

Did you

R_

0 Kudos