Choosing to save edits discards the edits (closing Pro with unsaved edits)

02-28-2024 07:54 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.6.8; File geodatabase and Oracle 18c 10.7.1 EGDB (versioned - move edits to base):

This is a heads-up to anyone still using Pro 2.6 (or a similar version):

I noticed what seems to be a serious bug in ArcGIS Pro 2.6.8:

If I try to close ArcGIS Pro with unsaved edits, and choose to save edits when prompted, then the edits don’t actually get saved.

• Clicking yes/no/cancel in the subsequent save Pro project dialog doesn’t help; the edits get discarded regardless.
  • I think the workaround is to save manually before closing ArcGIS Pro, which is a good practice anyway.
  • If you happen to accidently try to close Pro with unsaved edits, then I would suggest clicking CANCEL, not YES, in the save edits dialog.
    Bud_0-1709135437280.png
  • And then manually save your edits.

That’s pretty concerning behavior. But it seems to have been fixed in modern versions of Pro, such as Pro 3.2.2/FGDB.

I don't control the version of Pro my organization uses (2.6.8).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Bud
by
Notable Contributor
0 Kudos
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

tried searching the public Esri Technical Support Site: https://support.esri.com/en-us/search?q=edit+save+close&s=Relevance&product=arcgis+pro&cardtype=supp...

But I didn’t find anything relevant there, which is surprising. You’d think someone else would have noticed and reported this issue.

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Esri Case #03565932 - ArcGIS Pro 2.6.8 - Chose to save edits when closing ArcGIS Pro Project, but edits not saved

Esri Support: 
This behaviour sounds like it could be a possible bug, however, I did not find an existing bug logged in our system that matches this particular issue. Since we do not have an existing bug I do not know the exact version this may have been resolved, although the user did indicate it does not occur at the latest version 3.2.2.

My I.T. department:
...it’s also fixed in 2.9.12

0 Kudos