Chinese font is Arcgis pro

03-23-2019 08:41 PM
KeWang1
New Contributor II

WHen I use Archie's pro 2.2, it support Chinese font if I change the language option. However, arcgis  pro 2.3 does not support any Chinese font so it is so unconvenient  to our Chinese characters in layout. Any way I can import Chinese font to arc gis pro?

Y

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Language options—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Is it just that the language pack isn't available yet for ArcGIS Pro 2.3?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It isn't there... I checked as well

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Yeah, I guess that was a question I knew the answer to   So the real question for Ke Wang is whether you had the Chinese language pack installed for Pro 2.2...  If so, you're just experiencing this change because the LP isn't out yet for 2.3.  It should be soon.

0 Kudos
MiriamOlivares1
New Contributor II

@Kory Kramer, I am creating a teaching package with Pro 2.4, and can't find the Korean, Russian, Hebrew, traditchinese, simplifchinese, and Arabic  LP as available for 2.3. Should we expect a release before the Fall semester? Thanks!

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I don't have an exact date right now, but we typically see the language packs available roughly 2 1/2 - 3 months after the release.  ArcGIS Pro 2.4 was released June 27th.

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I've just been informed that the target date (not guaranteed, but the planned date) is August 20th.

MiriamOlivares1
New Contributor II

This is very helpful, Kory. I appreciate you took the time to check the latest info, and your willingness to share a date even if it is not confirmed.

0 Kudos
MiriamOlivares1
New Contributor II

Kory Kramer‌ promised delivered! The language packages are ready to download. Thank you, and please thank the language dev team.