Cannot Check License In

03-30-2020 08:20 AM
RebeccaWingate
New Contributor II
I cannot check a license back in. The license is from a textbook and I am the organization administrator. See error message screenshot attached. I also shared a screenshot of the portals I am connected to.
I followed the instructions in the two articles below:
I'm logged into arcgis.com portal and the IllinoisTech1 organization portal. No matter which of the portals is set as active, I get the same message. 
ArcGIS Pro cannot be set to work in online mode because the Portal you are connecting to is no longer accessible. Please contact your organization's administrator. 
I have not been able to figure this out. My last resort is going to be to uninstall and reinstall the software, however, I'm concerned that if I do that, the license will be permanently stuck in the "in between" mode--neither active on my computer nor accessible from any other computers. 
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Rebecca - there's been a few GeoNet threads about how to resolve this.  Please see the following link to resolve. 

0 Kudos
RebeccaWingate
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

I appreciate your response and pointing me to that thread. However, the thread points to a solution of the administrator "reseting the license". This does not help me because I am the administrator and I cannot reset the user license. profwingate1 is the only member of the organization, so I cannot remove the member from the organization, and I cannot unassign the license because it is checked out. If the solution is to contact esri support, how do I do that? I have tried opening a case or chat but my account is not "authorized" for contacting Esri for support.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Rebecca - you're welcome.  Ah, I see - thx for the details.  I'd recommend contacting Esri Support Services.  If you would like to get in contact with an Esri Support Analyst, please call 1 (888) 377-4575 and choose option 2.

0 Kudos