Select to view content in your preferred language

Can you publish ArcPy.mp to arcgis server?

05-09-2016 11:22 AM
AlexanderGray
Regular Contributor II

Python Map Automation: Beyond the Basics of arcpy.mapping and Migration | Esri Video

The last question of this session is Can you publish geoprocessing script that has arcpy.mp to arcgis server.  The presenters could not answer that on the spot.  This question is important to me on whether to choose ArcPy.mapping or ArcPy.mp for chart automation.  Can someone answer this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

have a look at Release Notes for ArcGIS Pro 1.2—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

way down towards the bottom in the Sharing and Online section to see if any of that is of importance

Then there is the What's new in ArcGIS Pro 1.2—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop section

0 Kudos
AlexanderGray
Regular Contributor II

I read it a few times, am I missing something, do I need to read between the lines?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

you too eh? a definitive... not sure, I would contact your rep because once you install Pro 1.2, there are a whole load of other issues you are going to have to deal with if you use python and haven't got ready access to, or are part of, the new licensing protocals

AlexanderGray
Regular Contributor II

Even with Pro, I can still build an ArcPy.mapping script and publish it on ArcGIS server and call it from ArcGIS pro toolbox (I presume)  or make a .net call to the service.  The ArcPy.mapping can exist on the server, except not all of the functions since some are ArcObjects...  I have pro with a license server and I am figuring out what can and cannot be done with it.  So far I am impressed but it is obviously still a work in progress, knowing what is coming next is painfully hard to find out.

0 Kudos