Can I use an SVG marker symbol in a Mobile Style file in Pro?

Jump to solution
01-02-2019 12:12 PM
EricaPfister
New Contributor III

In ArcGIS Pro, I can use SVG files as a point marker symbol. This is promising for some of our more complicated multi-layer symbols built from ~10 layers of lines, fonts, and shapes, which could be simplified into a single symbol.

But, we also want to evaluate using a common style file for Pro and our Runtime applications, and the mobile style help states:

When mobile styles are used in mobile apps, all style items other than point, line, polygon, and text symbols are ignored.

I'm unclear on whether SVG being a vector "picture" means that it would be acceptable for a Mobile Style file, or that it would be incompatible. What's going to happen if I try to put an SVG into a mobile style symbol?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Erica,

Markersymbols with shape marker layers comprised of  SVG files will not display, when used in the Runtime.  

Even if you save the symbol to a Mobile Style, it will not display.

Mark

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Erica,

Markersymbols with shape marker layers comprised of  SVG files will not display, when used in the Runtime.  

Even if you save the symbol to a Mobile Style, it will not display.

Mark

EricaPfister
New Contributor III

Disappointing. But thanks for the clarification!

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Erica,

Some extra information, that might be helpful..   Using ArcGIS Pro 2.3 (coming soon) to create Mobile Map Packages for use in Runtime apps, will convert the "SVG" portions of points symbols to PNG for use in marker symbols and display in runtime apps.

I have also forwarded your request for SVG support to the Runtime team.

Mark