Can anyone publish a scene layer to ArcGIS Online witb ArcGIS Pro 2.5?

02-10-2020 07:41 AM
DavidBrooks5
New Contributor III

I am trying to publish a simple multipatch FC to ArcGIS Online as a scene layer (RMC in TOC > Sharing > Share As Web Layer) but the tool fails with 

Status: Failed StatusMessage: Problem submitting tile caching job ErrorMessage: Problem submitting tile caching job

Then, a Hosted Scene Layer appears in ArcGIS Online along with a Hosted Feature Layer. The 2D feature layer opens and is viewable in a web map, but if I open the Scene Layer I get the error: 

Scene Layer version is not supported. Detected version: , Supported versions: 1.x

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David,

We are able to publish scene layers successfully from ArcGIS Pro 2.5 to ArcGIS Online. Is this only reproducible with this specific multipatch feature layer or any multipatch feature layer that you publish?

thanks,

Andrew

Suzanne
New Contributor III

Hi David,

I am also having this problem.  I get the same error: Scene Layer version is not supported. Detected version: , Supported versions: 1.x. Have you had any luck?  I previously could share the web scene prior to upgrading to 2.5.  I notice in the job queue it says problem submitting tile caching job--I checked all my projects and they are all good--no customs

Suzanne  

0 Kudos
DavidBrooks5
New Contributor III

This worked for me after I created SLPKS of all my 3d data.

Suzanne
New Contributor III

I finally did that as well. Luckily, I only had 5 3D layers. Does make me wonder what the "share as Web Scene" button is for though. Thanks for getting back to me, I was in a bit of a panic with a deadline looming.

JayGeisen
New Contributor III

I can't seem to successfully Share A Web Scene from ArcGIS Pro 2.5 to ArcGIS Online either. I haven't seen any bugs logged, but I'm thinking I'll have to roll back now. 

0 Kudos
Suzanne
New Contributor III

Do you get the same warning that the scene layer version is not supported? This is very annoying--I wish I hadn't applied the update

0 Kudos
Jay_Geisen
New Contributor III

Suzanne,

The only message of any value I get in the log is "consolidation failed"......"something unexpected caused the tool to fail". I'm going to uninstall until at least the next update.

Jay

0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jay,

Can you provide some more details on what you're experiencing? Are you getting the same error message or a different one? What data do you have in the scene? Are you seeing this with all scenes or are there certain datasets where you see this? 

thanks for your time,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Jay_Geisen
New Contributor III

Andrew,

It looks like what I'm experiencing is a new bug, described here: ArcGIS Pro 2.5 Fails to Overwrite Web Layer - Staging Failed (BUG-000129031). Guess I'll be calling ESRI Tech Support........again.

It seems the crux of the bug relates to how you are connecting to your SQL Server database. If you are not connecting to the data as the database owner then you will likely have problems. In my case, I connect using database authentication (a SQL database account), but not typically with the database owner account. I believe, based on the other thread listed above, that you would see the same error attempting to connect using operating system authentication, but I have not verified that. In any case, I will be uninstalling 2.5 and reinstalling 2.4 until at least the next release. 

Cheers,

Jay

0 Kudos