Select to view content in your preferred language

can any one answers me why "Layer to KML" doesn't work in the modelBuilder of ArcGIS pro while it works as a normal tool at the same time it works also probably in the modelBuilder of ArcMap?

02-28-2020 05:41 AM
MohammedHegazy1
New Contributor

"KML to Layer" doesn't give any output when it's used as in the modelBuilder of ArcGIS pro while it gives a result when it's used as a normal tool in ArcGis Pro & ArcMap & even when the modelBuilder is in ArcMap, it gives a right results

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

There are lots of required parameters for the tool, have you specified them as model parameters in your model?

Maybe showing the model might help

0 Kudos
MohammedHegazy1
New Contributor

It's a very simple model.

I select the feature, then using "make a feature layer" using "layer to KML".

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

something must be missing, why would you make a model that uses only one tool? and if it did, did you specify the input parameters to the tool?

0 Kudos
MohammedHegazy1
New Contributor

1st, it was a part of a big model, but when it doesn't work, i extract it out in a separate model to investigate the reasons.

the simple model is as per the below photo

0 Kudos
AhmedZabarah
New Contributor

Where you able to figure this one out?

For me, the Layer to KML tool works and exports a KMZ file if I run the Model within ModelBuilder, however, if I run it from the tool box it does not export anything... Weird 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
ellista3148
New Contributor

Has there been any updates regarding this issue? I am experiencing the exact same problem.

0 Kudos