Select to view content in your preferred language

Callout leader line showing halo on top of shadow

Jump to solution
10-17-2023 04:33 AM
AniKasch
New Contributor

Hi! 

I'm having trouble with label symbology. I'm using a composite callout and my leader line is showing a halo on top of my drop shadow. I don't want to offset the leader line because that would make a gap for labels where the leader is not over the drop shadow. How do I fix this? Thanks for your help!

AniKasch_0-1697542175398.png

AniKasch_1-1697542299989.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JesseWickizer
Esri Contributor

You could create labels with that style using either a Composite Callout or a Point Callout. 

When I set up a basic Composite Callout symbol I can't reproduce the interrupted shadow in your screenshot (I'm using ArcGIS Pro version 3.2.0). Here are the settings I used - maybe you can compare to see how your settings differ. 

Callout-Composite-WithShadow.jpg

Here are the settings you can use to create a similar style with a Point Callout:

Callout-PointSymbol-WithShadow.jpg.jpg

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

I think to give people a chance to help you, you need to attach to your question the layer file with the symbology as what you show could no doubt be created multiple ways and which way you have done it will dictate the solution (if any).

0 Kudos
JesseWickizer
Esri Contributor

You could create labels with that style using either a Composite Callout or a Point Callout. 

When I set up a basic Composite Callout symbol I can't reproduce the interrupted shadow in your screenshot (I'm using ArcGIS Pro version 3.2.0). Here are the settings I used - maybe you can compare to see how your settings differ. 

Callout-Composite-WithShadow.jpg

Here are the settings you can use to create a similar style with a Point Callout:

Callout-PointSymbol-WithShadow.jpg.jpg