Calculate field tool only works once.

09-14-2019 07:35 AM
ajkelsey
New Contributor III

The calculate field tool only works once for me. I can run another calculation with no errors, but the field does not populate. I have to restart ArcGIS Pro for it to work again. I would appreciate any insight as to why.

The layer is a geodatabase feature class and I am using Python 3 expressions. ArcGIS Pro v2.4.1.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Hi Andrew,

No resolutions for you. Sorry. Just wanted you and GeoNet to know that I have had similar issues with the Field Calculator. It happens just as you say, either with Python or Arcade, and also whether I am calculating a field in an AGOL feature or one that is on my desktop.

Saving the project and then restarting Pro sometimes fixes the issue and on more than one occasion I have to restart my PC to get Pro functionality working. 

Sigh.........At least that restarting has got me back working. Not sure if it is a bug but starting to maybe sound like it.

0 Kudos
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

I am experiencing a similar issue in ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1. I am using SQL for the field calculations, and the expressions are just simple text calculations to populate rows of data. Calculations usually work the first time the Calculate Field window is opened, but not the second. Despite appearing to run successfully with no error messages, the field is left uncalculated. In the current instance, the layer we are working with is hosted in ArcGIS Online and accessed via our Portal.

0 Kudos