Select to view content in your preferred language

Bought arcpro for individual use but error says number of users exceeds number of licenses?!

Jump to solution
12-10-2022 04:31 AM
MarkRoberts
New Contributor II

I recently bought arcpro for individual use. I created an organization in which I’m the only member. I downloaded arcpro from myesri, but when I try to run arcpro, it gives me an error about the number of users exceeds the number of licenses. How can this be if I’m the only member in the organization and logging in through my organization login?

I’ve reviewed other articles with the license issue but nothing has worked so far. Kind of lost after just buying this program. Any help would be appreciated.

using Windows 11 and got the laptop last month, and already got the .NET update. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkRoberts
New Contributor II

For what it's worth, I just got off the phone with tech support and they fixed the issue.

Here's what fixed it for me:
Close ArcPro
Delete/rename: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGISPro (need to show hidden files)
Delete/rename: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Esri\ArcGISPro
Delete/rename: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Esri\ArcGISPro_StrongName_......... file
Delete: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI_Licensing\Iss.dat
Reopen ArcPro

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
MarkRoberts
New Contributor II

Yeah that's the error I get. I am already Professional Advanced and my configuration settings are what it says to change it to.

Another support page said to rename some registry keys, but now the error I get is:

A core license could not be found. Select another licensing option or contact your administrator to update your licenses.

I think I'm making the situation worse...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

And another one from the support page

Error: A core license could not be found (esri.com)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MarkRoberts
New Contributor II

Thanks for linking to that.

I went through the solutions they have in the article but it still is giving me the first error (number of licenses assigned to users exceeds the number of licenses).

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Tech Support is your best option then

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MarkRoberts
New Contributor II

For what it's worth, I just got off the phone with tech support and they fixed the issue.

Here's what fixed it for me:
Close ArcPro
Delete/rename: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGISPro (need to show hidden files)
Delete/rename: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Esri\ArcGISPro
Delete/rename: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Esri\ArcGISPro_StrongName_......... file
Delete: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI_Licensing\Iss.dat
Reopen ArcPro

0 Kudos