Basmap not Printing ArcGIS Pro 2.9.0

Jump to solution
12-15-2021 07:05 AM
JessicaJThompson
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I am printing 2 tiles that are 36x82" directly from ArcGIS Pro. Everything except the basemap printed. 

I cannot export to PDF or Image and print. This makes the files too large and the printing process crashes, I have tried a number of settings and options for over a week with pdfs and images, so I'd like to focus on why pro isn't printing the basemap. 

Any assistance would be very welcome!!

JessicaJThompson_0-1639580597705.png

All labels and features printed. Just the World Terrain Base basemap didn't.

Thank you for your input!

Cheers!

Jessica

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidLombardo
New Contributor

This issue looks to be related to the scale ranges set for the base map. We need to adjust the scale ranges so the scale to which we have the base map set to is included.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/layer-properties/display-layers-at-certain-sca...

View solution in original post

7 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is the base map coming from the older image tiles, or the newer vector tiles service? Also, what is the scale of the map? I've had issues getting vector tile services to print properly at large scales.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
JessicaJThompson
It is an ESRI vector tile basemap at 1:275,000
Thank you for taking the time to help me sort this out.
0 Kudos
JessicaJThompson

@jcarlson David from ESRI helped me find a solution, which may help you the next time!

DavidLombardo
New Contributor

This issue looks to be related to the scale ranges set for the base map. We need to adjust the scale ranges so the scale to which we have the base map set to is included.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/layer-properties/display-layers-at-certain-sca...

JessicaJThompson

Thank you so much for your assistance and finding this little obscure source. It worked! I was able to print with the basemap!

0 Kudos
DavidLombardo
New Contributor

Of course, glad we were able to find this to help you out!

0 Kudos
JonBeets1
New Contributor II

I know this post is old but I wanted to let everyone know that this solution fixed our same issue recently.

Thanks

0 Kudos