Basic GPU Requirements for ArcGIS 3.2

Jump to solution
11-25-2023 08:42 AM
Labels (1)
GeoMouse
New Contributor II

After Years away from using ArcGIS, I am considering purchasing the personal use only license to use these tools for citizen science projects I now participate in during my retirement.  Unfortunately, my current home computer will not support current ArcGIS Pro software.  The results of Tech Check revealed:   (You have: No supported NVIDIA GPU detected.  OPENGL ARB_CLIP_CONTROL EXTENSION - Requirement: OpenGL Extension ARB_Clip_Control is required, You have: No).  

I am making this post to ask the community how to overcome this issue cost effectively.  If an NVIDIA graphics processing unit is required what is the lowest limit (lowest GPU series) that will work for ArcGIS)?

I own a Dell AIO 7700 which cannot run ArcGIS 3.2 but apparently has video HDMI in capability - the user can select from input from the AIO or from anoter source.  The screen on my AIO is a 27-inch.  I am thinking of purchasing a desktop that will meet the requirements of ArcGIS and use that machine in combination with my AIO as a monitor.  I am considering this option to lower the cost of purchasing a new computer and then being left with a perfectly good personal computer that I cannot use.  If I can purchase an older computer that will have both the NVIDIA required by ArcGIS and an HDMI output, I think this may be the best arrangement.

I need users that are educated on these topics to tell me if I am going in the wrong direction.  Any comments will be appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DonNadeau-GISOffice
New Contributor II

Oh: citation (one of these Xs):

DonNadeauGISOffice_0-1701789642263.png

0 Kudos
GeoMouse
New Contributor II
Hi, Don! Thanks for the response. I think, based upon the response of this
chat room, that I will pursue QGIS for my work. Thank you for referencing
AI, I will check that out as well. Best regards and Happy Holidays!