Select to view content in your preferred language

Automate Rebuild Spatial Index

10-18-2022 09:40 PM
Labels (1)
ManishGohil
New Contributor III

To reduce unusual Memory and CPU consumption we rebuild a spatial index  of feature class by following steps in below URL.
Is there any way to automate these steps through any tool or services or anything?

URLhttps://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/overview/modifying-a-spatial-index.h...

11 Replies
PrestonEllison
New Contributor III

I appreciate the feedback. I do have some Udemy python classes purchased, just waiting for some down time to dig in. What is strange is that when i first set up the model it worked without encountering a lock but then one day it just broke. I will have to look into controlling locks via your suggestion. Thanks again for the insight.

0 Kudos
RandyCasey
Occasional Contributor II

Yes, the thing with EGDB locks inside of ArcGIS Pro, it's entirely dependent upon ArcGIS Pro to manage them. So depending upon how the developers have coded Pro to manage locks from one version to the next, will result in GP tools working one way or another. My guess is, with newer tools and functions being developed every day in ArcGIS Enterprise and rolled out in updates, you will see functions that worked perfectly, sometimes for years, then suddenly stop working. I recently experienced such an issue with a very commonly used GP Tool, which was even part of a daily automation that served my entire organization. Took me days to figure out what broke it and how to work around it. Best of luck in your journey forward!