Audio Alerts to ESRI Desktop and ArcPro

02-06-2019 04:24 PM
AmyGwin2
New Contributor III

I would really LOVE to see an option to allow for a windows alert sound to turned on/off for those long waits between tasks. For times when #ArcPRO  or #ArcMap is not responding..... and the mouse is spinning... Or a large batch process was run... How great would it be to hear an alert to let the GIS professional know that the process is complete/map is ready to interact. 

I would love to see this for the following reasons:

• Multi-tasker efficiency
  • Don't have time to waste on the job
  • Don't like watching & wating for the pot of water to boil
  • can focus on my planks and pushup while ArcPRO digests rather than sit in my chair
  • can work on multiple machines without check in on them as frequently

If anyone has a way to do this in Windows, please let me know.

2 Replies
MarkBryant
New Contributor III

Chris Fox wrote a Geoprocessing Sound Notification tool for desktop, where you can set a sound for success and failure of a geoprocessing task.

Mark.
LanaJewell
New Contributor

This is an old thread at this point, but I would also like to second this. Having an optional sound notification for geoprocessing tools would help improve efficiencies in the workflow as mentioned above and would really save some headaches! I'm not one to use audio notifications overmuch but waiting on the long-running tools it'd be nice to have some way of knowing when they've (finally) finished rather than constantly checking back or just staring at the same screen. 

0 Kudos