ArcPro v2.9.1 Snap to vertices issue

02-16-2022 09:56 AM
RickGeittmann
Occasional Contributor II

Has anyone else ran into a issue where you have your snapping set to 5 pixels and snapping say a polygon to a line to match the vertices and the polygon vertices snaps to the line vertices BUT when you zoom in say to 1000 and you realize that it is NOT snapping onto the target vertices?

working at the 10,000 scale have tried zooming in closer but it is not really helpful still the same issue unless I zoom into a scale where I have one and only one vertices showing.

Have dug through the community and have dug through all of the documentation nada nothing found to fix the issue - in map it snaps dead on but Pro seems to not want to do that and yes I have the snap to limited to the line I am snapping the polygon to.

Any ideas would be helpful

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do the same layers snap differently between the two programs? I've seen this sort of behavior with layers that have a fairly coarse xy tolerance.

Try holding the "T" key when you're editing in Pro. That will open a little "window" of all the snappable features, so if there are other less obvious features/elements participating snapping, you'll see them there.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
RickGeittmann

Nope 2 layers in the session

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I wasn't asking how many layers. What are your snapping settings? Vertices/endpoints/edges, etc. Did you try the "T" key window? Did you check the XY tolerance?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
RickGeittmann

Snapping to vertices yes checked the T window and have been into every setting - snapping the only thing you get is the snap to tolerance unless there is another setting I have not found working in 2D

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

XY Tolerance would be on the data layer properties.

When you zoom in after clicking, is the feature snapped to something else, or it is off "in space"? How large is the gap between where you thought it was going and where it ended up?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Do you have any CAD data in the map?

Not sure in Pro, but in ArcMap, having CAD data loaded often threw the snapping and tracing way out of whack.

R_

0 Kudos
RickGeittmann

Nope no CAD

0 Kudos