ArcGIS Pro trial for Utility Networks

Jump to solution
04-08-2021 03:18 AM
OskarasAlšauskas
New Contributor II

Hi there!

I have a ArcGIS Pro Advanced 21 day free trial license and I would really like to try out the Utility Network extension. However, the extension activation is not possible in my ArcGIS account "Licenses" dashboard where I can only see the main 9 ArcGIS Pro extensions. Does anyone know how to activate the Utility Network extension license with a free trial ArcGIS Pro license?

Thanks for the help!

Oskaras

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I believe ArcGIS Utility Network is licensed through ArcGIS Enterprise, where your organization members must be assigned a license for the ArcGIS Utility Network user type extension. This user type extension is included in the GIS Professional Standard and GIS Professional Advanced user types and can be included as an add-on for all other user types.

It doesn't look feasible to work on Utility Network using the trial (ArcGIS Online organization), since ArcGIS Utility Network User-Type is not available for ArcGIS Online.

However, you may try working on the following ArcGIS Solutions.

Utility Network Package Tools 

Explore more solutions for electric, gas, sewer, stormwater, and water distribution.

Introduction to Utilities 

Think Location

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I believe ArcGIS Utility Network is licensed through ArcGIS Enterprise, where your organization members must be assigned a license for the ArcGIS Utility Network user type extension. This user type extension is included in the GIS Professional Standard and GIS Professional Advanced user types and can be included as an add-on for all other user types.

It doesn't look feasible to work on Utility Network using the trial (ArcGIS Online organization), since ArcGIS Utility Network User-Type is not available for ArcGIS Online.

However, you may try working on the following ArcGIS Solutions.

Utility Network Package Tools 

Explore more solutions for electric, gas, sewer, stormwater, and water distribution.

Introduction to Utilities 

Think Location
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor

Hi there @OskarasAlšauskas 

Is your goal to test out the ArcGIS Utility Network itself?  If exercising the utility network functionality, this can be done without the need of a ArcGIS Utility Network user type extension as long as you are using ArcGIS Pro at the Standard and Advanced license level. 

A single-user deployment of the utility network in a file geodatabase will enable you to leverage all of the utility network functionality available within an enterprise deployment without the need for a additional user-type extension license (with the exception of publishing and working with services).  

OskarasAlšauskas
New Contributor II

Hi Jon,

Yes, I hope to better understand the Utility Network functionality. Thanks!

0 Kudos