ArcGIS Pro Trace Tool

11-24-2021 07:45 AM
TredRiggs
New Contributor III

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.8 and a File Geodatabase.  I was using ArcGIS Pro 2.9 and had this same issue.  I downgraded to see if it would fix the problem.

Coordinate System:

StatePlane

Datum: NAD 83

Units:  US Survey Feet

Zone: 4203

Snapping is turned on:  Point, Endpoint, Vertex, Edge

When I trace a sewer main and zoom in 1inch = 0 Feet I noticed that the trace line is offset of the sewer main.  Also when I draw a sewer tap it is not snapped to the sewer main.  I decided to see if this was a rendering issue so I traced a sewer tap on top of another sewer tap and got the same results.  I then ran topology (no dangles) on the sewer taps and ArcGIS Pro added a vertice and snapped the two sewer taps together.  Which in theory that would move our sewer main which I do not want.

I know in the ArcInfo days and even in ArcMap if you zoomed in to far the features would jump around and look different than what they really are.  So is this still may be a rendering issue?  I do have a support ticket with ESRI on this.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
emiller
New Contributor II

Hi! I am another user that is having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution for this problem? 

Kind regards, 

Erin 

0 Kudos
TredRiggs
New Contributor III

ESRI said our ArcPro was re-projecting  our data on the fly and editing like this would cause this problem.  However our data is all in the same coordinate system so that is not the problem.   I think it is a rendering issue with the graphics card or monitor.  We have continued to edit our data using ArcGIS Pro and everything is looking good.   So to fix it just don't zoom in too close.

emiller
New Contributor II

Thank you so much!!! 

0 Kudos