ArcGIS Pro refuses to open aprx with many Revit files inside

07-13-2018 06:50 AM
AlessandroValra
Occasional Contributor III

The new addition of reading Revit (.rvt) files in ArcGIS Pro was exactly what many people were waiting for.

I started importing some rvt files and they just look amazing inside the GIS.

However, as the number of imported rvt incresases, as soon as I close and try to reopen the same project it refuses to open, simply showing the error window with the option to send the report (which I did).

Has anybody experienced such issue with Revit files and ArcGIS Pro 2.2?

I tried with two different machiens and the problem is present in both.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

If you are using the data for visualization\analysis I suggest you convert the Exterior Shell feature class elements. This feature class already contains only the exterior elements, so no query is necessary before convert it to a feature class. 

Link below has additional information on how the Revit file is organize.

How is Revit Data organized in ArcGIS Pro?—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop   

AlessandroValra

Just one hint: after conversion, the feature class looses the original symbology of the Revit file. Just import it inside the feature class using the Symbology pane and everything will look just as the revit model.

DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Alessandro, 

A script to export from Revit to FGDB is coming soon. 

Best regards, 

David

AlessandroValra

Is this something that is going to be implemented anytime soon? A year has passed since the answer and so far i could not find any export from Revit to FGDB tool yet.

0 Kudos
halaalmomani1
New Contributor II

Can i have a help 

I'm new user on gispro2.2 

I have revit model ; i dont know how to show it on the map i connect the folder that have the revit  when i drag it to the map the gis goes out and  told me to send report what is the steps must i do to import the model on the gis pro 

0 Kudos
KenHartling
Esri Contributor

Have you reported this to your support contact? Please do, we'd like to see the issue so we can investigate.

Thx. Ken

0 Kudos
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello Hala, 

Without looking at the file these are my assumptions for your issue.

• The file could be a RVT 2019  ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2 would read RVT 2019 
  • There is a family that is corrupt. 

Best regards, 

David

halaalmomani1
New Contributor II

Hello David 

Thank you so much for your reply ,  your assumption is correct i was using revit 2019 with gispro2.2 and i solved the problem.   

0 Kudos
KenHartling
Esri Contributor

Alessandro,

Have you reported this to your support contact?  If you submit a support case we'll be able to investigate and if necessary put in a fix.

Thanks. Ken

0 Kudos