ArcGIS Pro prerelease 1.0 doesn't start anymore.

Jump to solution
01-16-2015 06:47 AM
MarcLEMAIRE
New Contributor III

Hello,

I can't launch ArcGIS Pro anymorre. It sends me this message "This version of ArcGIS Pro has expired. You must install a newer version in order to use the software. Thank you for participating in the ArcGIS Pro Beta Program".

I have one button OK. If I click, the message disappear and Pro isn't launched at all.

Unlike what's written in the message,  I have no beta version , I have the Prerelease 1.0 version. This is the latest version provided on MyEsri.

I've checked on ArcGIS Online. i've still got a licence for advanced level, with 6 extensions.

I never received any message asking me to update my ArcGIS Pro.

Everything worked fine until yesterday.

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot,

Marc

0 Kudos
14 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Michael Grossman‌, thanks for the update and more importantly taking customer feedback to heart.

I think the idea of a built-in Software Update mechanism is a good one, just not in exclusivity to other mechanisms for updating the software.  I work for an organization with thousands of GIS users scattered across the country, and there are times we prefer to deploy updates to Esri software through the same infrastructure that updates non-Esri software.

My overarching concern with the Software Update mechanism, as implemented to date, is that "updates" have been complete installs.  Downloading and installing an update that is patch-like is much easier on wide-area networks at small, remote offices rather than grabbing an entire 700 MB or larger download every time an update comes out.

Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing the Software Update mechanism improve over time.

Department_of_Communications__
New Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for the update, which I tried but still have a problem connecting...

What I did (just in case I did something daft)

* Downloaded the 3 new updates

* Installed 3 new updates

* Ran ArcGIS Pro and I got the message below.

* I rebooted and tried again ....   got the message below

* Uninstalled and removed the ESRI Licensing folder from my local profile

* Reinstalled ran ArcGIS Pro - set my licensing portal http://****.maps.arcgis.com

* Revoked my linceses on my.esri.com

* Re-assigned my licenses on myesri.com

* Logged in - but still get the message below.

error.PNG

Installed version numbers are Pro = 1.0.1692 , Help = 1.0.1683

Any ideas please...

0 Kudos
MichaelGrossman
Esri Contributor

Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources‌,

If you are running 1.0.1692, you should not be seeing the version expired message. It may be possible that you have two versions installed, Pro Prelease (1472) and Pro Prerelease Update 2 (1692). You can check for them in these two default locations: "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS Pro" (our older default) and "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro" our newer default.

If you don't locate duplicate installs and have verified that 1692 is showing this message, can you please contact technical support for them to do a deeper analysis of the problem?

Sincerely,

Michael

0 Kudos
Department_of_Communications__
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply Michael,

I've checked and I definitely dont have two separate installs but still have the license authentication issue.

I have a call logged with support and will see what they come back to me with...

again thanks for thaking the time to reply

Paulg

PaulGrimes
New Contributor III

Issue was resolved by ESRI - INC

The issue was fixed by ESR-INC re-syncing my licences on AGOL.

All works perfectly now. What a product ! mind blowing, cant wait to try out all the functionality

0 Kudos