ArcGIS Pro prerelease 1.0 doesn't start anymore.

Jump to solution
01-16-2015 06:47 AM
MarcLEMAIRE
New Contributor III

Hello,

I can't launch ArcGIS Pro anymorre. It sends me this message "This version of ArcGIS Pro has expired. You must install a newer version in order to use the software. Thank you for participating in the ArcGIS Pro Beta Program".

I have one button OK. If I click, the message disappear and Pro isn't launched at all.

Unlike what's written in the message,  I have no beta version , I have the Prerelease 1.0 version. This is the latest version provided on MyEsri.

I've checked on ArcGIS Online. i've still got a licence for advanced level, with 6 extensions.

I never received any message asking me to update my ArcGIS Pro.

Everything worked fine until yesterday.

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot,

Marc

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelGrossman
Esri Contributor

We are working now to update My Esri with the latest version of ArcGIS Pro. We will be making ArcGIS Pro Prerelease Update 2 available. I will update this thread once the update is complete. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Michael

View solution in original post

14 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

The latest is ArcGIS Pro Prerelease 1 Update 2. I guess you need that. I faced some problems as well while trying to use ArcGIS Pro Prerelease 1 some days back, but was not getting that same error. Upgrading to Update 2 resolved it for me.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If Esri is only posting ArcGIS Pro Prerelease (no updates) in MyEsri, and users need to update through ArcGIS Pro, how do you recommend he upgrades if he can't launch ArcGIS Pro?

MarcLEMAIRE
New Contributor III

I know Update 2 is the latest one. I would like to make an upgadre but I can't ask ArcGIS Pro to upgrade!

After the message window, ArcGIS Pro is automatically stopped. So I have no access the parameters/options.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but it's still the same. The downloaded version from MyEsri is the Prerelease 1.0.

I'm stuck with this version. And therefore I can't launch the application. and therefore, I can't make an upgadre.

Department_of_Communications__
New Contributor III

Marc,

I'm in the same boat and cannot progress either.. I did find a way to get at least to enter username password and ser the portal address. Go to C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local and delete the ESRI_Licensing folder  then restart the app, you hould get the login screen ... but once you authenticate it still says ....Thanks for particiating in the ArcGIS Pro Beta Program.

There must be a registry setting left over from the beta install...  I have logged a support call so if I hear anything I'll pass it on..

LonSharp
Occasional Contributor II

Anyone from ESRI paying attention to this?

I'm in the same boat.   I even went so far as to remove ArcGIS Pro, followed the "download at my esri" link on the ArcGIS Pro page to download and reinstalled.

Same thing.   All they offer is an expired version that won't launch.  No way to upgrade since the program won't launch, and no where to download a working version.

LonSharp
Occasional Contributor II

One other thing to note:   I went to the licensing page on our ArcGIS online account to verify that my license is in order.  It is, with 2 extensions.   I also clicked the "update" button on that page, and was assured that my license has been successfully updated.

What's odd is that it shows a "Last used ArcGIS Pro" date of today, Jan 16, even though I haven't used the program in over a week, and have not been able to launch it at all today.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It is a misnomer.  "Last used ArcGIS Pro" really means the last time you authenticated against the license server to try and use ArcGIS Pro.  Whether ArcGIS Pro is successfully launched once the license is obtained/checked isn't what is being tracked on Esri's side.

MichaelGrossman
Esri Contributor

We are working now to update My Esri with the latest version of ArcGIS Pro. We will be making ArcGIS Pro Prerelease Update 2 available. I will update this thread once the update is complete. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Michael

MichaelGrossman
Esri Contributor

ArcGIS Pro Prerelease Update 2 is now available for download from My Esri. If you have ArcGIS Pro Prerelease or ArcGIS Pro Prerelease Update installed on any of your machines, we recommend updating to ArcGIS Pro Prerelease Update 2.

Prerelease Update 2 has been available via Pro's Software Update mechanism since December 12, 2014, but we unfortunately chose not to make it available via My Esri. That meant that the built in timeout prevented anyone from running Pro Prerelease in order to trigger the Software Update, as each of you reported here. We apologize for this error in judgment.

We have also received feedback, from Joshua Bixby and others, that over-reliance on Pro Software Update is unacceptable. We have decided that we are committed to posting all future updates of Pro to both My Esri and the Software Update server. Thank you for your guidance on the issue and please know that we always welcome your feedback. Thank you also for the prompt notifications you posted to GeoNet this morning about the software timeout issue.

We will continue monitoring this thread. Please post if you have any further issues downloading ArcGIS Pro.

Sincerely,

Michael and the ArcGIS Pro team