Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro froze/crash and cause laptop screen to go black

2 weeks ago
KhmerGISAcademy
New Contributor

Hey there, ESRI user community. I am writing to ask for help with a recent issue I’ve been experiencing with ArcGIS Pro (currently using version 3.3). My laptop has a Ryzen 7 6800H CPU and an Nvidia RTX 3060 GPU with 6GB of VRAM. This problem has been occurring for a long time (since version 2.x) and has become more frequent lately.

While using ArcGIS Pro, the software suddenly freezes, causing my laptop's screen to go black or turn off (sometimes resulting in a Windows blue screen error) and displaying an error message.

I took my laptop to a repair store for diagnosis. The issue appears to be related to ArcGIS Pro. I’ve noticed that my laptop works fine as long as I don’t open ArcGIS Pro, even when running other graphics-intensive applications for extended periods. However, as soon as I open ArcGIS Pro, the issue reoccurs, which is really frustrating. After a moment of freezing, a strange message appears, as shown below. When this happens, I can’t do anything except force my laptop to shut down by holding down the power button. I have reached out to technical support directly but haven’t received a response yet.

Has anyone else faced this problem? What solutions are available? Please help me.

Picture1.png

The video of the problem was included in the link below

ArcGIS Pro freeze/crash and cause screen to go black 

1 Reply
BrendanGallagher2
New Contributor

Have been getting the exact same issue in the past week or so. Hopefully someone can help

0 Kudos