ArcGIS Pro/Explorer URL to Survey123 Issue

01-11-2019 01:08 PM
RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

I am having a strange issue when creating mobile map packages in ArcGIS Pro for use in the Explorer. It used to work fine, but suddenly it no longer works and I'm not sure if the issue is with ArcGIS Pro or Explorer.

In ArcGIS Pro, I have a layer with a custom pop-up with a custom URL that links to Survey123 that transfers some attribute values to it. All of a sudden this week, it no longer works.

I noticed in the custom URL in Pro, it has has three slashes after arcgis-survey123 (arcgis-survey123:///?itemID....) when according to the ESRI documentation, it should only have two. I don't remember if it originally had two or if it always had three slashes.

Regardless, it has three slashes now, but it will not let me change it to two slashes. I type in two slashes, hit apply, close out of it, re-open it, and it has three slashes again.

Even stranger, after generating the mmpk, anything before the Survey123 URL is visible, but anything including and after the Survey123 URL disappears. So if I have text after the Survey123 URL, it doesn't display.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure if this is an issue with ArcGIS Pro or Explorer.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Did you create your custom popup and url as describe in this blog https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/03/30/using-app-links-to-launch-survey123-from... 

Are you working with IOS or Android?

This link with 3 slashes, from one of my maps works

arcgis-survey123:///?itemID=4fa5d79b171b4745b391ef9476222a6c&field:field_1={BOTANICAL}&field:field_2...

Mark

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff

Thank you for your response. That is exactly what I am doing. Create a custom pop-up, then go to link properties and enter the URL. But for some reason, the URL (or the text that contains the URL) within the pop-up in Explorer is not visible, and any regular text beneath it is no longer visible. I am working with Android. I have not tried this with iOS yet. It's just strange that this suddenly stopped working when I haven't changed anything.

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Ryan,

I know if an Arcade Expression is used in a Popup, it will not display in Explorer.   I would think that something had to have changed in order for it to stop working.

This is a public map http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=16993eb843954588aaa370495520074f Shenandoah_Trail_Survey  If you tap on a trail there is a link to a trail survey.  Does this map work for you?

Mark

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff

Yeah your mmpk works and I am not using an Arcade Expression.

I was able to isolate the issue though.

All of a sudden I am having issues with any text that contains single quotes ('). For example, Field A has text in it and it has a single quote in it, and I want to copy that data to Survey123. That no longer works.

In ArcGIS Pro, it gives me this error message when I click the Survey123 URL:

In the mmpk, the URL doesn't even show up at all.

However, once I remove the single quote, everything works fine. We've always had single quotes in our data and it has worked fine. But all of a sudden, it no longer works.

0 Kudos