ArcGIS pro Edu license

01-18-2020 03:27 AM
GianlucaAmicarelli
New Contributor

Hi, I am a student at newcastle university. I have used my educational licence to activate the Arc softawares. All of them work (ArcMap, ArcGlobe, etc) except the one that I actually need (ArcGIS Pro). When I open the software it still asks for a license. How do I solve this problem?  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Start ArcGIS Pro with a Named User license—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

What type of license did your university assign? You need to check to make sure that your admins set the students up for both arcmap and arcgis pro.

0 Kudos
GianlucaAmicarelli
New Contributor

From the email I've gotten I read that the license is for ArcGIS 10.7.1, ArcGIS Pro should be covered then, I guess..? 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

That means that you haven't been licensed to use Pro (yet).  Perhaps the course instructors want you to stick with ArcMap.  Contact your instructor first, to confirm what software they want you to focus on first.  If you have a burning need to use ArcGIS Pro, your site administrator can give you permissions with your instructor's approval.

The most likely reasons for not enabling access to both is often a preference by the teaching faculty.  You don't want students new to GIS to try and learn two software packages at the same time.

The principles are the same... the mouse clicks may differ