ArcGIS Pro 3.3.0 - Download Manager Update Failed. .NET 8.0

Jump to solution
05-08-2024 03:57 AM
Labels (1)
DataOfficer
Regular Contributor

I am trying to update my ArcGIS Pro installation to the latest version (3.3), and have already installed Microsoft .NET Runtime - 8.0.4 (x64) as required (https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-pro/announcements/arcgis-pro-3-3-moves-to-net-8/). However, when trying to install the update, I get the following errors:

"ArcGIS Pro required Microsoft .NET Desktop Runtime (x64) 8.0.x. To download and install Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime - 8.0.x (x64), visit the Microsoft website or contact your system administrator."

"Download Manager
Update dailed.
Microsoft Installer failed to run.
Fatal error during installation."

.NET 8.0 showing as installed in Program list.NET 8.0 showing as installed in Program list

ArcGIS Pro requires .NET Desktop Runtime 8.PNGArcGIS Pro Download Manager Update failed.PNG

I have tried restarting to see if that resolves the issue but with no luck.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brian_Wilson
Regular Contributor II

Different but similar names, make sure you have the first one ".NET Desktop Runtime" not the second one

Brian_Wilson_0-1715182045373.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PaulJordan
New Contributor III

I often have trouble running updates from within Pro.  Instead download the installation from your My ESRI page, extract the files, and run the install.

0 Kudos
Brian_Wilson
Regular Contributor II

Different but similar names, make sure you have the first one ".NET Desktop Runtime" not the second one

Brian_Wilson_0-1715182045373.png

DataOfficer
Regular Contributor

Thank you @Brian_Wilson I was clearly being daft.

0 Kudos
Bakhtyirmuhamad
New Contributor

please help meq.JPG

0 Kudos