ArcGIS Pro 2.9.x -"The topology graph failed to build, try zooming in to a smaller extent" warning to crash

04-10-2022 06:52 AM
Labels (2)
joonpark
New Contributor III

With ArcGIS Pro 2.9.2, We found that  message "The topology graph failed to build, try zooming in to a smaller extent" pop up without clear reason while we using Map Topology tool.   Once you get this message, click on "OK" for 5 times and it will keep showing this message , so users have to Exit Application.

We have support ticket with ESRI but seems we're not getting that much traction.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I was seeing this issue myself. After clicking OK enough, the message will go away, but you have to quickly deactivate whatever topology editing tool you're using. I never had it crash the program, though.

Do you see this with multiple projects and /or layers? We saw this with one specific service of ours, and republishing it seemed to fix things.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
joonpark
New Contributor III

Hello Josh,

Once you got this pop up warning message and click 5 times to suppress, but it just continue to show randomly , so the current ArcGIS Pro session is not useable.   if we change from "Map Topology " to " No Topology" then i won't get any messages , but it becomes useless as we need to use Map Topology . 

Not sure if this is specific to layer .. we are checking that too..

thanks

0 Kudos