ArcGIS Pro 2.9 Map Series Export Crash

Jump to solution
11-16-2021 09:52 AM
GarretGiordanoTOLE
New Contributor III

I had made a Layout with Map series pages in version 2.8.2 and now the project will no longer export the Map Series after updating to 2.9. Clicking Export on this layout with the map series causes ArcGIS Pro 2.9 to crash to the desktop. A different layout in this project exports just fine and doesn't contain a Map Series. I have played with the compression settings and tried exporting as something that isn't a PDF. 

Is anybody else having this issue? 

I would report it to ESRI Tech Support but the error reporting tool that pops up when Pro crashes is refusing to send the error report too. 

11 Replies
Boyang_Wang
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Tom,

I would like to subscribe to this bug but not sure how to do it, so I'm adding a comment to bookmark this thread as I am experiencing the same issue when exporting a layout that has a text box with no text. My workaround is putting a Korean placeholder "ㅤ" which is considered a text but does not appear to be one.

Boyang

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Boyang_Wang, 

A fix for this issue (BUG-000144582) was included in the 2.9.1 service patch. If you are currently working with 2.9.1 and are still experiencing the crash you may be running into a different bug. If this is the case please contact Esri Support. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Tom

0 Kudos