ArcGIS Pro 2.9.1 Layer to KML

Jump to solution
02-08-2022 02:52 AM
SukhvirRehal
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.9.1 and I am trying to use the tool Layer to KML however when running this tool no KMZ gets created and I have left it running for almost 2 hours and no matter how many features are in my layer the process just runs but doesn't actually complete.

Any ideas as to what could be going on and how to resolve this?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you have installed any other esri products that are associated with Pro or second party software, they need to be uninstalled first.  You uninstall the software then check your c:\users,,,,Apps\ folder then rename anything that slightly resembles an esri association.  Also do the same for your registry entries (rename is best).

Once you think you have everything uninstalled and cleaned, then try a reinstall.  If that doesn't work, contact tech support since something is preventing a proper install

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Layer To KML (Conversion)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Is it a layer in your map or a *.lyrx file?

what other options?  Output location and filename?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
SukhvirRehal
New Contributor III

Hi Dan,

The layer is in my map.

I have noticed that none of my Geoprocessing tools seem to work. I have also tried to re-project a layer and same thing happens, it runs but never completes. I have tried to uninstall and re-install Pro also with no luck.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you have installed any other esri products that are associated with Pro or second party software, they need to be uninstalled first.  You uninstall the software then check your c:\users,,,,Apps\ folder then rename anything that slightly resembles an esri association.  Also do the same for your registry entries (rename is best).

Once you think you have everything uninstalled and cleaned, then try a reinstall.  If that doesn't work, contact tech support since something is preventing a proper install

... sort of retired...
SukhvirRehal
New Contributor III

Thanks Dan,

I tried what you suggested here

I uninstalled ArcGIS Pro, renamed folders and registry and re-installed and all seems to be working now.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That is what I suggested alright...but you marked your answer correct 😉

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos