ArcGIS Pro 2.8 UI Glitch

Jump to solution
10-24-2021 11:47 PM
IanHuerta
New Contributor II

Hello Y'all.

I booted up my ArcGIS Pro tonight and saw bizarre UI glitches in my ArcGIS Pro panes.

I shut down my computer, and Started it up again only to find that this issue still persisted.

The wonky screenshots are below.

Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks!

-Ian Huerta

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RandyMorris
New Contributor II

After trying everything else (including a clean Win10 re-install), what finally fixed this for me was simply uninstalling Alienware Command Center.

View solution in original post

21 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I can confirm that I am also facing the same issue from yesterday.

A couple of drivers (recommended by DELL Update) got updated yesterday, after which I am facing the challenge. It might have caused the issue, I feel.

Edit: These are the drivers updated yesterday

- Alienware Command Center Application - A00 - 894.23 MB - Recommended

- Alienware OC Controls Application - A00 - 86.48 MB - Recommended

Think Location
IanHuerta
New Contributor II

Thank You SO Much!

Glad I'm not the only one. I also had some NVIDIA update but I worried my copy of ArcGIS Pro was corrupt,

and thus I uninstalled it.

I hope my professor will know about this.

Thanks for replying!

-Ian Huerta

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

One of the first things to check if you're experiencing display issues are the graphics card drivers.  For other troubleshooting tips see Troubleshooting Performance Issues in ArcGIS Pro 

IanHuerta
New Contributor II

Strange thing is, I think the menu to check for hardware was corrupted as well. (Visually at least.)

0 Kudos
JessWyatt
New Contributor

I am having the same issues.  I thought something was wrong with my computer and I uninstalled and reinstalled, ran a full virus scan, checked all updates on drivers, etc.  I tried searching for a dozen different descriptions of the error before I found this, so THANK YOU for describing it in a way that agreed with one of my searches!  We are not alone!  I started having this issue yesterday as well.

NickolausHillman
New Contributor II

Yeah mine is still down as of 5 min ago.

NickolausHillman_1-1635341554685.png

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Please work through Troubleshooting Performance Issues in ArcGIS Pro specifically the Hardware Check section and if still experiencing issues you will need to contact technical support.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
jmendes
New Contributor

Hello. I'm also having this Issue, and it started this week too. All my drivers are updated and my system meet all the requirements to run ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
NickolausHillman
New Contributor II

Hey everyone I was able to fix the issue on my end today.

I had to factory reset my Alienware Laptop (M15) and start from scratch, I don't recommend this if you are using a organization's computer unless you get permission. I re-installed windows 10 and ArcGIS Pro 2.6 then updated it to 2.8 and it seems to be fine now. 

@KoryKramer thanks for the suggestion on the hardware check that's something I may use in the future.