ArcGIS Pro 2.7 Popups only showing one field

Jump to solution
01-04-2021 04:56 AM
CherylWheeler11
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have an issue with popups in ArcGIS Pro. (I am using 2.7 now, but it also happened before I updated from 2.6) The popup only displays one field for the feature (the field named as the 'Title') even though I have the popups configured to show all fields. This happens in all data layers and all Pro projects. The only way I am able to view the attributes of a feature is to select it end then view the selected record in the attribute table. I wonder if this has something to do with my profile settings, because it happens for all data even when I start a new project. Any ideas? I have tried using Arcade expressions etc but get the same result (not that I want to go through and set up expressions for each layer individually!)

CherylWheeler11_0-1609764799545.png

Thanks very much for any comments.

Cheryl

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Aha!  I see what's happening!  In your screen shot for the pop-up, there's a light gray horizontal bar going left to right towards the bottom of the pop-up.  Move your mouse on top of that light gray bar until it turns to an up/down arrow, click and hold the left mouse key and move the gray bar up.  THEN you'll see all your attribute fields.  Basically the pop-up is collapsed to the bottom part and only showing the top-half of the UI.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Cheryl - curious.  One thing to check is click the pencil for the Field (7) item to go into the Field Options.  By default, the "Only use visible fields and Arcade expressions" is checked to see ALL fields.  If you want to control only some of the fields visibility, uncheck the box and select those fields to be visible (checked) and the others to be non-visible (unchecked).
Popup1.JPGPopup2.JPGPopup3.JPG

0 Kudos
CherylWheeler11
New Contributor III

Thanks very much for the comment Robert. However, your suggestion produces the same result - only the title in the popup.

Today I found that if I right click on the attribute that is displayed in the popup and chose Move to Pinned Pop-up, I am able to see all the attributes in a different popup window.

CherylWheeler11_0-1609838280615.png

So, I am using this as a workaround atm, but it is a slightly tedious procedure every time (plus, I would like to know what is causing this to happen).

Thanks again, and if you have any more ideas, I would appreciate them hugely.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Aha!  I see what's happening!  In your screen shot for the pop-up, there's a light gray horizontal bar going left to right towards the bottom of the pop-up.  Move your mouse on top of that light gray bar until it turns to an up/down arrow, click and hold the left mouse key and move the gray bar up.  THEN you'll see all your attribute fields.  Basically the pop-up is collapsed to the bottom part and only showing the top-half of the UI.

CherylWheeler11
New Contributor III

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much. I could not, for the life of me, see that. I REALLY appreciate your help.

WendyBerelson
New Contributor III

Thanks so much Robert!!!!!! I have been having this same issue and couldnt for the life of me figure it out. Googled for a solution several times over the past month, but tried again today and found yours. I'm not a newbie to GIS, but I am to Pro and use it for only one of my projects. I started just added the attributes to the title with Arcade, but knew I had to be missing something simple. I can barely see the gray on my screen. 

ElizabethWheeler
New Contributor III

I can NOT believe how long this plagued me. I'm glad I wasn't alone!

THANK YOU.

ThomasHolz
New Contributor II

Robert, I have a similar issue when using ArcGIS Pro. I have a feature class in a map showing utility pole locations with long, lat, pole number, pole height, date observed, and pictures. I've turned visible layers on, configured the pop-up to display specific fields and attached images. But, when I click a selection and the pop-up appears, the only thing that shows is the name of the feature class and a title (not the one I configured, but close), none of the other selected data/pictures display until I move the gray bar. The data is there as my cursor changes from an arrow to a text input cursor to a finger to select something, but there is nothing visible, as if there's white text on white background. I can select an attachment when the cursor turns to a finger and it will display in a separate window, but I can't see what I'm clicking on. I've search the web for a fix and have tried numerous fixes to no avail. Is this just a peculiarity for ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Thomas - do you have a screen grab of the popup configuration and the popup itself?  Kind of hard to visualize in my head what you're seeing.  Thx!

0 Kudos
ThomasHolz
New Contributor II

Robert: I'm attaching 3 pics. One show the pop, almost completely blank, that shows up initially. It sometimes "flashes" the info momentarily (less than a second), but then goes and stays blank, just like you see in the pic. A second pic shows the pop-up after I click and move the gray bar (either up or down, clicking alone doesn't work), the data shows up and stays visible/clickable/etc. I'm not sure what configuration screen you want, so the last pic shows the very basic info I initially started with; I'm only interested in the AssetID, and a couple of other fields, don't need the rest but changing what displays hasn't changed the behaviorScreenshot 2022-03-10 153348.jpgScreenshot 2022-03-10 153458.jpgScreenshot 2022-03-10 153837.jpg

0 Kudos