ArcGIS Pro 2.7.2: How to move a feature to snap to another feature in another layer without the need to work with “yellow” point?

04-11-2021 05:23 AM
Labels (1)
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.7.2: How to move a feature to snap to another feature in another layer without the need to work with “yellow” point?

I couldn’t figure out if there is a way to move a feature to snap to another feature in another layer without the need to work with “yellow” point.

I’m aware of that if the “yellow” point is moved to a particular vertex in the first feature (by clicking a ctrl with drag\drop), then this feature can be moved and snapped to any other feature in any layer but at the place where the yellow point is located

Clip_683.jpg

Clip_684.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Jamal - I tested your workflow in ArcMap and it's the same behavior there as it is in ArcGIS Pro.  It appears to not be core functionality to my knowledge.  The anchor point workflow is the same in either Desktop GIS - you can read about it here

You may want to search ArcGIS Ideas to see if there is an existing idea for the desired workflow and upvote it.  If there is not, then I'd recommend creating a new idea.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

The idea is created:

ArcGIS 2.7.2: Features snapping at moving without the need to work with the anchor point,

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine