Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 2.5: Pro fails to keep the extent and scale of published services,

Jump to solution
03-30-2020 11:52 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.5: Pro fails to keep the extent and scale of published services,

For example, in the screenshot below, the map is published at a scale of 1:2000 with the shown extent. However, when accessing this published service, the initial extent goes to full.

Is there a way how to control the initial extent and scale of the published services?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Jamal, 

I believe you need to set a custom map extent for the map before publishing. Set the map extent—Properties of maps | Documentation, otherwise the map will just take the extent of all layers as the default.

Hope this helps, 

Tom

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Prior to publishing your map service, you should explore "Configure map service properties" for the GP tool help linked here.  Item 4i talks about Extent - there are 2 options - "use map extent" (default setting is the extent of all layers in the map) or "area of interest".  This should resolve your extent issue.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Robert.

I went thought all the options available but found nothing relevant as per the screenshots below

Jamal Numan
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Jamal, 

I believe you need to set a custom map extent for the map before publishing. Set the map extent—Properties of maps | Documentation, otherwise the map will just take the extent of all layers as the default.

Hope this helps, 

Tom

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Tom. It works like a charm

Jamal Numan