Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1 crashes 100% of the time when closing panels

08-24-2017 07:03 AM
DaytonTondre
New Contributor

I just installed it last night. I can reproduce this problem 100% of the time with the symbology panel and the attribute table panel (and sometimes happens when I open them too). Only happens when in DirectX mode, it works perfectly in OpenGL but doesn't render as nicely. I updated my graphics drivers and it didn't help. Any thoughts? It's pretty unusable right now.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Tips from the help 

I just tried it with symbology and table in both docked and float mode and nothing bad happened

here are my video settings

0 Kudos
DaytonTondre
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

I have those same settings. Also, I'm not sure if I've posted to the right board, I couldn't find one for general tech support questions.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

GeoNet isn't tech support... but I will move this to the Pro forum since people who have recently installed the update will be interested.

In short... Your conclusion isn't applicable to all installations, and it may be unique to your situation, since it works fine for me.

I shared it with https://community.esri.com/groups/technical-support?sr=search&searchId=d205bbd4-005d-4ed8-afb6-f91b2...‌ as well

DaytonTondre
New Contributor

Sorry about that, I couldn't find an official forum to talk about technical problems. I appreciate your help though.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Dayton,

Have you been sending your error reports to Esri?

0 Kudos
DaytonTondre
New Contributor

I stupidly did not check that option when I was installing it and I am severely regretting it right now. Is there a way to turn it on post-installation?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It is unclear about which option you are talking about or to whom Dayton.

If it is about reporting an error, go to the Support link at the top of the Geonet page and file from there. Technical Support... Request case

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Mimicked your workflow and no crashes here with ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1.  One thing you can do is rename the Esri folder in the C:\Users\<user profile>\AppData\Roaming to Esri_Old and the Esri folder in the C:\Users\<user_profile>\AppData\Local to Esri_old.  Restart Pro.  Does the crashing continue?  Definitely contact Esri Support Services too.

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Dayton Tondre

1. The first thing to check is the System Requirements: ArcGIS Pro 2.0 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop   On that page, you'll see a link to check your system's ability to run ArcGIS Pro 2.0 Can You Run It? 

As has been mentioned above, this is not a generic and reproducible problem with ArcGIS Pro 2.0, rather will be something specific to your machine.  Running the diagnostic may help narrow down the cause.

That said, my first guess on this one is going to be graphics card and/or drivers.  After ensuring that your system meets all of the requirements per the links above, if you're still running into a crash, you'll want to update your graphics card driver.

2. I'll reach out by message so that we can coordinate getting the .dmp files from you.  Our framework team is interested in analyzing those to help determine the cause of the crash.

You'll find those in %localappdata%\ESRI\ErrorReports

Look for my message.  Thank you.