arcgis pro 1.1 connect to SQL Server no go?

07-21-2015 11:17 AM
GaryMullaney
New Contributor II

Hey, pro 1.1 is extremely promising, lots of good stuff.

We use "Query Layers" (map layers resulting from a SQL Query which returns a shape column).

My database connection works fine in 10.2, but it will not connect in Pro with the same parameters:

connect_error.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SSMIC3038
Occasional Contributor III

Just  upgraded to 1.1 and I'm getting the same error message, can't figure it out.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
QuinnFrancis
New Contributor III

Which version of SQL Server are you using?  At ArcGIS Pro 1.1 the minimum supported version is SQL Server 2012 SP1.  What version of the native client do you have installed?

Microsoft SQL Server database requirements for ArcGIS Pro 1.1—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

QuinnFrancis
New Contributor III

Try installing the SQL Server 2012 Native client from MyEsri or from the Microsoft website and test your connection again.

Download Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Feature Pack from Official Microsoft Download Center

SSMIC3038
Occasional Contributor III

That's likely the problem, were on 2008, upgrade to 2012 is in process.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
HeatherScroggins
Occasional Contributor II

Once I upgraded to SQL Server 2012 SP1 I had no problems with connecting. If you haven't already, I would try that.

0 Kudos
SeanO_Halloran
New Contributor

I am able to create a query layer from our 2005 SQL server and link shape files to it with an identity field without any error in ArcGIS Pro 1.1.  However, if I modify the definition query in ArcGIS or modify the view on the server side the data in my query layer does not refresh.  It returns the number of records I'm expecting but the values in all the fields for all the records are blank.

I have to delete and recreate the query layer and then recreate the joins to the shape and layer files.

Should I not be bothering to do this on a 2005 SQL server or am I missing something?

0 Kudos