Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 1.0 constantly crashes

Jump to solution
02-06-2015 03:42 AM
MartinScheiber
Occasional Contributor

Hey everybody,

I installed ArcGIS Pro 1.0 on my Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-Bit machine yesterday an started playing around with it.

Unfortunately it always crashes. After some time I get the message "ArcGIS Pro is not working anymore" and then it shuts down.

I got a feeling, that that always happenes when I try to do something referred to Analysis (e.g. Opening the Analysis Tab).

Have any errors like that been reported already?

Are there any logfiles or other places where I could find further information about this issue?

I have ArcGIS 10.3 installed as well and that works perfectly. I have both python versions 2.7 and 3.4 installed.

Must be some kind of software conflict, since I got pretty good hardware. 

Thanks in advance,

Martin

24 Replies
DavidWynne
Esri Contributor

Hi Martin,

Following up... I reproduced the crash you experienced. I installed OSGeo4W and set the PYTHONHOME environment to it's Python location. Then clicking on tools (or opening the Python window or other analysis ribbon features) will crash. I also tried pointing to other Python 2.7 install locations with PYTHONHOME and saw the same behavior. Basically it's a situation with incompatible versions of Python coming into conflict.

If you need to track this issue, it is logged as BUG-000086098.

-Dave

ReneeJutras1
New Contributor

So I am having similarly frustrating crash issues almost immediately when I start up Pro 1.0, but my pth files are pointing to the right directory and I checked my environment variables in Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables and I don't even have PYTHONPATH or PYTHONHOME as variables.
So I don't know what could be going on.
Any ideas?

0 Kudos
DavidWynne
Esri Contributor

Hi Renee,

Where does it crash? In Martin's original case above, the crash was appearing when using the analysis tab. Are you seeing a crash there or in other places?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

One resolution to Pro crashes to go to the manufacturer's website for your video/graphics card and update the driver directly from them.  Simply using a Windows Update procedure will not work.  Once the latest driver is installed, then a lot of Pro crashes/instability is removed.

0 Kudos
DavidBrooks2
New Contributor II

Install iobit Driver Booster

Download Driver Booster 2 Free, the most Effective Driver Updater, to Update Drivers in ONE Click | ...

its a great free tool that automatically updates all your drivers to the latest versions. Much better than windows undpate or manually updating drivers!!

regards

0 Kudos