An expected Field was not found or could not be retrieved properly [created_user]

4789
11
10-15-2021 08:37 AM
Labels (2)
MaryDuBose
New Contributor III

I have two ArcSDE feature classes that I am trying to set up for versioned editing with ArcPro. I have set the appropriate privileges, added Global IDs, enabled versioning, and enabled editor tracking. However, when I pull the layers into ArcPro and test creating a new feature, I get the error "Failed to create new feature(s). An expected Field was not found or could not be retrieved properly. [created_user]"

 

All 4 editor tracking fields exist, and when I open the attribute table, I can see them just fine. They are set to read-only, but I have other feature classes that do not have this error, and their editor tracking fields are also set to read-only. Also, I tried switching them to not be read-only, and that did not resolve the issue.

 

Any ideas on how to go about troubleshooting this? I already tried disabling and re-enabling editor tracking on the dataset.

 

The feature classes are already populated with data that I imported into the ArcSDE geodatabase from a file geodatabase. I need for editors to be able to create new features as well as edit existing features. Oddly enough, when I try editing an existing feature, the error that pops up says "Edit operation failed. An expected Field was not found or could not be retrieved properly. [created_user]". Even though the created_user field shouldn't be changed with this operation - only last_edited_user.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
CartographieSOGEDO
New Contributor

I faced the same problem with a non-versionned geodb. Solution was to save the entities in a FGDB, delete / recreate the entities class dataset et to recopy the entities class. Hope it could helps

MatthewStull1
Occasional Contributor

I had the same issue with Error 002941, releasing the locks solved the issue.

0 Kudos