Adding symbology and labels to a model

Jump to solution
05-11-2021 09:15 AM
jgstaley
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I have just learned how to make an automation model for a process in ArcGIS Pro. My Output creates six different feature classes that I am currently having to label and apply symbology to by hand. Is there an easier way to do this? Each feature class I pump out every time is going to have the same label every time I use this automation. For example, every time my symbology for EDR_Handling will be an orange star....EDR_Release will be a red star....etc.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi!

I have a couple suggestions you could try.

1. You could setup standard feature classes that your model will append data in to each time its run. And within the project package you can have a map configured with symbology against these feature classes so each time you run the model the data appears in the configured map

2. You could save off a layer file and incorporate this into your model (https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/overview/save-a-layer-file.htm). layer files are configurations of symbology. If youre exporting new feature classes with each run of the model, but the fields are identical in each export then layer files will be the best fit here.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions or more specific queries.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi!

I have a couple suggestions you could try.

1. You could setup standard feature classes that your model will append data in to each time its run. And within the project package you can have a map configured with symbology against these feature classes so each time you run the model the data appears in the configured map

2. You could save off a layer file and incorporate this into your model (https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/overview/save-a-layer-file.htm). layer files are configurations of symbology. If youre exporting new feature classes with each run of the model, but the fields are identical in each export then layer files will be the best fit here.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions or more specific queries.