Adding related table records in arcgis pro

11-09-2017 07:04 PM
HamishMills2
New Contributor III

Adding related table records in arcgis pro?

Can't seem to be able to get this to work correctly.... Has anyone been succesful doing this at all? 

Using latest ArcGIS Pro and either SDE or FGDB's. 

Cheers

13 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You are referring to these help topics?

Joins and Relates .... and

Add Relate tool in ArcToolbox

pretty well everything is now in ArcToolbox in Pro, so you might want to indicate if you are not using this approach and if you are, what isn't happening

0 Kudos
HamishMills2
New Contributor III

Hi Dan,

I'm referring to basic user editing. i.e. I want to add a related record in a table already related to an existing point feature class in ArcGIS Pro. For example a company may have a technician visit a point once a month and every month that tech adds a related record as another visit done. Hope this makes sense. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You could use Collector for this as explained in this blog (from 2015): Related Tables – Exploring New Ways to use Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Blog 

0 Kudos
HamishMills2
New Contributor III

Thanks Xander, I'm familiar with Collector workflows for in the field, however for an office environment we are wanting to do this in ArcGIS Pro only. 

XanderBakker

Is the relation between the feature and the related table established through a relationship class? If so you will need a Standard license to edit the data.

0 Kudos
HamishMills2
New Contributor III

Licensing is not the limitation, currently using Advanced. 

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

I would probably configure a WAB and add the Edit Widget for this, but here goes the Pro way:

In this case I have a featureclass calle "myPoints" and a table calle "myTable" connected together with a relationship class (1:M). Both tables are visualized. I start an edit session, select a feature and activate the table of the points (in the lower section of the screen):

From the Ribbon I activate the Table View ribbon and select Related Data and the related table "RC_pnt2tbl: myTable":

Selection is propagated to the related table and I can new records:

I can activate the Edit Menu and store my edits:

And when I identify the point it will show this:

HamishMills2
New Contributor III

Hi Xander,

This workflow does not work for me. Are you entering the related myID field manually or is pro automatically populating this for you?

I can see how, if you manually populate the related field you could simply open the table and add related records freely. For my clients I require a more logical workflow however. i.e. so that you populate the related records directly off of the feature and you do not have to populate the related field. 

In any case don't spend too much time on this, it is purely an experimental/learning exercise at this point, and I agree that in the interim I can always get users to use a webapp. 

Cheers. 

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

It will be a lot easier to use WAB for this purpose as I mentioned before. 

0 Kudos