Adding attachments is duplicating feature geometry records

Jump to solution
05-09-2022 11:35 AM
Labels (1)
NSamu
by
New Contributor III

I am trying to add attachments to an SDE database feature class layer in ArcGIS Pro 9.2.2 but each time that I add more than 1 attachment, each additional attachment automatically creates a new feature instead of creating a new record in a related attachment table (...as in, creating 2+ attachments duplicates the existing geometry per attachment added). I've added attachments to this database layer before and never noticed new feature geometry records automatically being generated. Has anyone else run into this or know what could be causing it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NSamu
by
New Contributor III

Good questions but I think the issue is now resolved. We tried a few tests to see if we could duplicate the issues with attachments when working from either an MXD or a new Pro project file and we could not. After that, I created a new version of the Pro project file from scratch and that appears to have resolved the issues. I suppose that maybe the .aprx file was corrupt...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Not really any help here, but responding as I was able to test it at least, and I am not able to reproduce in 2.9.2.

I am able to add multiple attachments to a single feature. (SDE SQL server).

Are there any attribute rules on the data that may be causing issues?

How are you adding the attachements?

R_

NSamu
by
New Contributor III

Good questions but I think the issue is now resolved. We tried a few tests to see if we could duplicate the issues with attachments when working from either an MXD or a new Pro project file and we could not. After that, I created a new version of the Pro project file from scratch and that appears to have resolved the issues. I suppose that maybe the .aprx file was corrupt...