Add an ESRI ArcGIS Solution to Pro

11-27-2018 11:46 AM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I'd like to launch the 'Local Government 3D Basemaps' solution/tasks to a new ArcGIS Pro project.  How is this accomplished? 

I have the ArcGIS Solutions add in installed; under the Share Tab I select ArcGIS Solutions and I then given the 'Deploy a Solution' window.  There, I select Local Government 3D Basemaps'.  I can click deploy or finish and nothing really happens.  I have had this working with the canned ESRI package, but there seems to be a a hiccup or two associated with that so I'd like to continue working in my own project.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
14 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Thanks for the heads up Scott-  this whole thing started earlier today when I was trying to make edits to a feature class one of the tasks creates.  I couldn't edit while in the default aprx.  So I opened the feature class in ArcMap and voila; I could edit it.  Then I opened it a brand new project in Pro and it edited just fine there.  Hence my approach to creating own project and adding the tasks back in. 

eta- Scott - just did what you suggest.  When I click on the green arrow, it takes me to our AGOL account where I can Download it, Update it, or Share it.  Once I click finish, I'm back to square one, with no tasks.  Am I supposed to download it?  And if I do, wouldn't that just re-set the default directory and empty out my default gdb?

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

When you deploy Local Government 3D Basemaps using the ArcGIS Solutions Deployment Add-In, the outcome is a "Local Government 3D Basemaps" project package. At that point, you can download the package , open it, and you can work with the tasks that show up in the Catalog pane under Tasks.

So you don't see any Tasks after downloading the Project Package and opening it?

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I've downloaded it already and discovered the editing problem with what I downloaded.  It won't let me edit the feature classes as lined out under task 2 Schematic.

Hahaha.  Just tried to open up the original aprx to screen shot the tasks, and it's gone.  This happened earlier today for me (while on a screen share session with ESRI).  See Solutions Deployment Tool - 'Unable to open the task. It cannot be found.' 

I'm trying real hard to look at the bright side of this whole mess....  Gotta be here somewhere....

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Ah thanks for the context. That is certainly odd behavior.. my best suggestion is to keep working with Tech Support. For the original problem.. where the Task is lost, I think Amir was saying that he was unable to reproduce.

I'd say that 7 out of 10 times when random/strange issues are unable to be reproduced in a similar environment with the same exact steps and data, the issue comes down to something like antivirus/firewall/permissions, etc.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

The losing tasks behavior is seemingly random; it never happened to me until about a week ago, and that was after using the solution for many many hours.  Then it happens twice in a day.... Can't imagine trying to trap for it in a controlled environment....

0 Kudos