2D layers not displaying in 3D Scene.

Jump to solution
07-28-2015 04:01 PM
TrippCorbin
Occasional Contributor

I have created a new project using the Local Scene project template in ArcGIS Pro 1.1. My 2D layers which I added from an existing file geodatabase are not visible in the scene. They are turned on in my Contents pane and are set to ground. If I move the layers to 3D they appear. I was not having this issue with the ArcGIS 1.1 beta version I had been using.

If I add my local DEM as an elevation surface in addition to the default world elevation used by ArcGIS Pro, the 2D layers become visible. The minute I remove my local DEM, they disappear again. I have set the elevation surface to no color and allowed navigation below surface. The 2D layers will not show up.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
25 Replies
TrippCorbin
Occasional Contributor

Dr. Arundel

You may want to consider taking the following Esri online classes. They helped get me going with ArcGIS Pro and gain a better understanding of the interface.

Esri Training | Getting Started with ArcGIS Pro

Esri Training | 3D Visualization Using ArcGIS Pro

JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Dr. Arundel,

Sounds like you found a bug in our math for navigation somehow .

Can you submit a tech support request and include your repro cases?  Our developer on navigation will definitely want to take a look.

Regards,

Jeremy W.

0 Kudos
Dr__SamArundel
New Contributor

Absolutely. Sorry to ask, but is there a way to do that through Geonet, or

do I need to go through my institution?

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

is there a way to do that through Geonet, or do I need to go through my institution?

Many people in larger organizations (like Sam) need to go through their Tier 1 support if that's how your enterprise license agreement is set up. We're getting her plugged in to Esri now. If you aren't under an ELA, you probably can contact Esri support directly at http://support.esri.com

Geonet is more of a community effort. If you do run into a real bug, reporting it to support and getting it a bug number highly increases the probability it can be fixed in a future release! But making noise here probably doesn't hurt either.

Dr__SamArundel
New Contributor

Thanks, Curtis!

On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Rebecca Strauch, GISP <geonet@esri.com>

0 Kudos
martabescansa7
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to visualise my building foorprints layer under the 3D Layers group in my local scene and nothing will be displayed. The local scene has the same coordinate system as the layer I want to visualise. The field I woud like to base the extrusion on is the 'Height_m' field, which is a float with one decimal. Everything appears to be correct. However, I cannot visualise the layer. Hope you can help me. Thank you

0 Kudos