2.9.2 add data box appearing quite small

Jump to solution
03-08-2022 08:35 AM
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone else experienced this? After updating to 2.9.2, the Add Data box shows up really tiny and no longer remembers its size and location from last time. No issue on 2.9.1.

rburkebsrc_0-1646757242363.png

We have 2 daily GIS users in my organization and we're both having the problem.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

An update via technical support for those interested: they were seeing the faulty behavior in 2.9.2 as well, but were able to test 3.0 and found that it is working properly there. So, your best bet is to sit tight a few more months (3.0 is coming yet this quarter), or if it bothers you enough, downgrade to 2.9.1 in the meantime.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm running ArcGIS Pro 2.9.2 as well and do not see this UI issue of decreased size/location.  Try this on the 2 affected machines, rename the ESRI folder in the C:\users\<user_profile>\appdata\local and :\users\<user_profile>\appdata\roaming to ESRI_OLD and attempt to add data again.  What is the result?  Please advise.

0 Kudos
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

For me, it keeps resetting still. I'll have my counterpart try tomorrow.

I'll also note the issue is affecting all similar dialogs - Save Project As, Output Location, etc.

0 Kudos
StephenM01
New Contributor III

Same here. Came here to see if anyone else came across this at 2.9.2. Every dialog box that opens the file explorer is the same small size and its size and location reset every time.

JackLau
New Contributor III

Similar issue as well

0 Kudos
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

Hey @Robert_LeClair , is this posting sufficient notice, or would I need to submit this as a support ticket to have this looked into? Thanks.

0 Kudos
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

An update via technical support for those interested: they were seeing the faulty behavior in 2.9.2 as well, but were able to test 3.0 and found that it is working properly there. So, your best bet is to sit tight a few more months (3.0 is coming yet this quarter), or if it bothers you enough, downgrade to 2.9.1 in the meantime.