WFS-T with the ArcGIS Desktop 10.1

08-01-2012 01:40 AM
LfULGSachsen
New Contributor II
Hello,

with ArcGIS Server, I can provide WFS-T services. I think it would be useful if I could use these services in ArcGIS Desktop.

Unfortunately I can not edit spatial data via WFS-T with the ArcGIS Desktop 10.1.

Is the implementation of this functionality in the pipeline?

Best regards,
Falk Strobach
5 Comments
NathanWarmerdam
I would also like to see this implemented in ArcGIS Desktop.  An excellent idea.
StefanJaquemar
If you publish you WFS-T with ArcGIS for Server you can edit spatial data via the "Built-in" Feature Service which provides much more funktionality than a WFS-T.

But you are right it would be nice to be able to edit data from a WFS-T in ArcGIS for Desktop which is provided by non esri-server.
MiguelParedes
I agree with the previous postings.  Even though using Feature services provide a better solution than what WFS-T provides, being able to edit WFS-T created with ArcGIS and with other Server platforms is something that have been lacking in ArcGIS for a long time. I would love to see this implemented if at all possible. 
JeffreyBostoen
It makes no sense that ArcGIS Server can offer WFS-T services, but ArcGIS Desktop client can only view the data. You should be able to insert, update, delete...

Especially since open source software can do this as well. This is a great, perhaps essential feature missing in ArcGIS.
SHASHIBHUSHANKUMAR

Editing WFS-T facility is available with Production Mapping extension. For more details, refer the following URL.

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/extensions/production-mapping/data-editing-with-wfs-servi...