Switching Data Sources in ArcGIS Pro

05-11-2018 10:17 AM
Labels (1)
SeanHlousek
Occasional Contributor III

I'd like to be able to switch data sources without the data being "lost" in my maps and layouts.

For example, if I have a features class driving some data on multiple maps I want to be able to update that data source in my database and then have my maps/layouts that point to that data source dynamically update while keeping my symbology and labels intact.  

This is how swapping data sources in ArcMap worked (assuming all field names remained the same). 

Right now in ArcGIS Pro even if all of your fields are the same when you swap data out and open a layout or map the data is rarely "recognized".   This requires me to re-import symbology and re-label my features which is not efficient or practical with multiple layouts hitting the same data.  

12 Comments
KoryKramer
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

See the previous comment

In the testing that I've done, I didn't experience any issues with symbology and I also tested with different schemas and didn't see any issues.

For those who have upvoted this idea, can you take a look at your workflows again and provide any further details around issues that aren't working for you today?

Thank you.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Closed

Closed pending clarification.