Select to view content in your preferred language

Support export of terrains to LandXML

10-17-2013 08:33 AM
Labels (1)
MattDavis4
Deactivated User

Provide support to export terrains (TINs) from ArcGIS to LandXML as a common industry statndard exchange format for terrain data to go along with existing importa support.

This would provide a bi-directional exchange with a large variety of design and land development packages.

13 Comments
KoryKramer

Thank you for the comment @MorganTholl    I took a look and it doesn't appear that you added your kudos to the idea. While comments are important, kudos (the number of votes) that an idea receives is one of the primary pieces of data that we use to determine traction and trends as we monitor idea activity over time.

Please see https://community.esri.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/arcgis-ideas for a high level overview of how ArcGIS Ideas works. For more details, see Frequently Asked Questions about ArcGIS Ideas 

Thank you for your participation in the community and for helping us prioritize future development efforts for ArcGIS Pro.

ChrisAbbott

Greetings Esri gurus!

I would like to vote this up as a much needed tool to assist in the transfer of surface datasets between different AEC software packages. The partnership between Esri and AutoDesk is making it easier than ever to adopt workflows that leverage multiple software suites and subject matter experts in disparate disciplines. In much the same way that IFC will make an interoperable 3D design exchange, the ability to import/export LandDesktop XMLs between Esri, Autodesk, Bentely ORD and Global Mapper is paramount. Kindly accept my vote for this 3D Spatial functionality. 

DWhitman

Yes. Please make a TIN to LandXML tool.