Select to view content in your preferred language

Summary Attributes of Selection show at bottom of map window

06-18-2024 02:06 PM
Labels (1)
WayneDodgens_fmnz
New Contributor II

Add a summary of a selection to the bottom of the view.  Arcgis pro shows the count of features selected in the bottom of the view currently.  This idea is to expand on that information to include basic statistics about the selection that a user can configure.  For example: 

Selection of Polygons would give the area of the selected set. 

Selection of lines would give the length of the selected set. 

Here is the area with the selection count, it would be nice to be able to show additional information here, allowing the user to see basic information without having to go elsewhere.

2 Comments
KoryKramer

The Data Engineering view might be a good option. You can get there by right-clicking on a field header > Explore statistics

KoryKramer_0-1721429259610.png

or right-clicking the layer > Data Engineering. 

It's a great way to explore data and get quick statistics, including for selections.

KoryKramer_1-1721429406672.png

FMNZPublisher

Thanks Kory, 

The point of the idea would be to keep the user from having to invoke anything to get the quick info.  It could be a configuration to turn on or off (perhaps in the selection options).  I'm thinking like the MS Excel summary at the bottom that gives you stats on your selection.

Data engineering somewhat does the job in the meanwhile, thanks for the suggestion.  However, it doesn't allow me to select the units to summarize the data in (eg Hectares, SqM, Sqft, etc).  I'd have to add a field, calculate the value, then do the Data Engineering pane.